From the kitchen of: The Junior League of Norfolk-Virginia Beach, Inc's Toast to Tidewater: Celebrating Virginia's Finest Foods & Beverages
Wine Pairing: Doukénie 2005 Cabernet Franc
Bayside Balsamic-Glazed Salmon
1 lb fresh salmon fillets
Vegetable cooking spray
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Rinse salmon; pat dry.
2. Heat nonstick skillet; spray with vegetable cooking spray.
3. Cook salmon on flesh side for five minutes on medium heat; turn salmon and cook on skin side for three minutes.
4. Remove salmon; place on plate.
5. Stir balsamic vinegar into skillet; cook on medium heat until balsamic vinegar has reduced by half, approximately three minutes.
6. Lower heat. Stir in Dijon-style mustard; mix into a smooth glaze.
7. Salt and pepper salmon; return salmon skin side down to skillet.
8. Cover skillet; cook skin side down for two minutes.
9. Serve; remaining glaze may be spooned over salmon.